Washington Mandatory Alcohol Server Training
Learn to serve alcohol in Washington.
Washington Mandatory Alcohol Server Training course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible seller/Server of alcohol in the state of Washington.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Sell or serve alcohol responsibly.
- Know the effect of alcohol on the body.
- Know how to recognize the signs of intoxication.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize a fake ID.
- Prevent second-party sales.
- Know liquor laws and rules.
Assessments/Final exam/Post-completion instructions:
Students have the option to take the course in one of 3 different languages; English, Spanish or Korean.
The student MUST pass the final exam with an 80% or greater in order to pass and complete the WA-MAST course.
For more information, please contact the Washington State Liquor Control Board
3000 Pacific Avenue SE
Olympia, WA 98504
Phone: (360) 664-1600